info_outlineInformation in English
The Shrine of Christ's Passion is an interactive half-mile winding pathway that begins with the Last Supper and Garden of Gethsemane. You then journey through the Passion of Christ as depicted in the Stations of the Cross.
- The Journey consists of 40 life size bronze statues
- Each setting has a listening station featuring the voice of veteran broadcaster Bill Kurtis. Push the button to hear a description of the scene along with a corresponding prayer
- Background music plays throughout your journey on 180 speakers
- More than 3000 yards of stamped concrete were poured
80 semis of boulders were trucked in from central Wisconsin
- Site construction began in 2001